Saturday, April 9, 2011

My Little Helper & Miss Independent

So right now my son is earning jelly beans for doing good deeds during Lent.  He'll get his jelly bean jar at Easter.  We started off a little rough, he lost his first probably 10 jelly beans due to bad behavior and had to earn all of those back.  He actually has quite a few now!  One of his best good deeds is holding the door open for everyone when we get home.  As soon as we get out f the van, he immediately goes up the steps to the garage door to the house, opens it, and holds it open until we all are inside.  It's so sweet and he immediately asks (every time) "Is this a good deed?"  He's also helping to change his sister's diaper or eat her breakfast/lunch (she can certainly do it herself but has her lazy moments).  Overall, it's very cute and he'll be very happy to get all of his jelly beans at Easter!

My daughter is officially Miss Independent.  This morning, while climbing into her chair for breakfast, all she would say was "I do it, I do it!"  She refused any help getting into her chair, eating her breakfast, washing her hands, going downstairs after breakfast, etc, etc, etc.  It's so cute, but makes me dread those teenage years!!!

In other news - the kids and I all have strep throat.  Boo.  We're all on meds and hoping daddy doesn't get it too.  Kids seem to be doing well actually, I definitely got the bad deal and feel the worst!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Too cute!! :) And the pigtails are ridiculously cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete