Friday, March 25, 2011

First

So we're what, 2.5 weeks into Lent and I still have HOW many to go before Easter???  I gave up Facebook - in hopes that it would result in me spending less time on the computer, more time actually playing with my children.  Instead, I am a lurker on the Cincinnati momslikeme website and have now taken up blogging.  The second one mostly because I realized that facebook records all the fun things my children do or say (or how absolutely terrible I am feeling that day) and without that record, I'm going to forget everything that is happening this Lenten season.  So, here we go!

My son is my sister's mini-me.  Seriously.  The things he says - not just what he says, but the WAY he says it - oh my goodness.  This morning while eating breakfast, I was trying to feed my daughter to get her to finish her cereal (yes, she turns 2 in June but is as lazy as they come and refuses to feed herself at most meals).  So my son starts singing, "If she won't eat it, I'll take a bite."  Flashback 25+ years ago to my sister singing, "If she doesn't want it, I guess I'll take it."  In response to my mother feeding me baby cereal and me not wanting to eat it.  TWINS!  Well, and that leads to the next thing - while my son is my sister's mini-me, my daughter is mine!!  HELLO - this is NOT a good thing!!!!!!!  She hits, she bites, she shrieks, she knows exactly how to push her brother's buttons (and mine too)!  I have been dreading the teenage years ever since the ultrasound showed she was a girl, but that dread has turned into all out fear.  I seriously don't know how I am going to survive the next 16 years.  (Hence my blog title - Mo2 (mom of 2) - Going CRAZY)

So other excitement so far this Lent - our dog pukes every few days.  I despise puke.  I really should not have had kids nor gotten a dog, because I absolutely refuse to clean up vomit.  Luckily, I have not had to clean up Pickle's puke yet, but it's only a matter of time.  Plus, she is able to jump over our brand new fence.  Really?  *sigh*  Why did we want a dog?  However, the kids love her and she doesn't eat trash or chew on furniture or jump on the couch, so I can't complain too much.  Still working on having her eat spiders though, that's why I wanted a dog.
Pickle Juice
We went to a family friend's birthday party this past weekend.  It was a princess theme.  My son just happened to want to wear his cape & crown that day.  Super cute.  Birthday girl got a few princess dresses as a present - she, her cousin, and my daughter dressed up as princesses - and had their picture taken with (his words) their "Prince Charming."  He was in heaven surrounded by his princesses.  That was last Saturday - he's still talking about his Cinderella, Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty.

Last night my husband and I went to a "try Scuba for free" class at the local Y (we are members).  We dropped the kiddos off at the nursery (first time I think they've ever gone in the evening, but they did fine with a snack).  I was SCARED to death.  I'm afraid of water.  Specifically, going under water.  Why in the WORLD did I want to try this?  Oh yeah, because my husband is certified and LOVES it!  He promised me that someday he'll take me to Australia.  IF I become scuba certified first.  Really?  So not nice.  I've been wanting to go to Australia since I decided kangaroos were my favorite animal back when I was like 4 or something.  I was always Katie Kangaroo for crying out loud!!!  Anyways.  I saw the flyer for this free scuba class last week and I told my husband about it, saying, I'm willing to try it.  It would be a very controlled atmosphere in the Y pool and we'd actually get to try out the equipment and get a feel for how scared I actually am.  Plus - you can't beat free!!!  So I tried it.  I couldn't breathe.  Well, I could use the regulator and take breaths, but I was so scared that I was like gasping and my breath was so uneven.  The instructor came over and went under with me and told me to just look at him while I tried to breathe, but I still couldn't steady my breath.  Luckily the instructor was super nice and since hubby is certified, he let us just stay by the edge and do our own thing - giving me plenty of time just to keep trying it out.  I was able to get to the point where I could breathe more normally, but the combination of water in my ears and the force of the bubbles coming out of the regulator and into my face just were very not comfortable.  I told hubby I think we need to just start with the basics and just learn how to swim comfortably and practice going underwater on my own.  Maybe someday I'll be ready for scuba classes, but I think they are still several years off...

Ok, I've written a book.  I'm going to try to keep up with this more, especially from now until Easter.  And maybe even after that I'll still keep up with it.  And maybe sometime I'll add some pictures too, especially for my dear sister, whom I'm assuming will be the only one who will actually read this.  :)

4 comments:

  1. haha! Yes, please post pics for your dear sister! :) It was a good read!! :) I actually find it to be quite therapeutic as well to blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and there is definitely nothing wrong with being like Aunt Kristy! ;) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. there ya go, even though you already saw the one of pickle

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, Thanks! I saw pics of Cassie's party on Todd's FB, but not one of the kiss! ;) Cute!!

    ReplyDelete